Tuesday 18th October
Unit: PROPERTIES &TRANSFORMATION
Demonstration: Making Bread and Cheese

I used a snap off knife to then cut out a rough outline. I then got the straight file to get the basic round shape of the bread, and then I used the sand paper to smooth the edges.
After doing that I used the round file to make the groves of the bread, then using the sandpaper I smoothed the harsh edges of the groves. After making sure my work area is cleaned off I laid down some newspaper and got some watered down PVA and cut up squares of muslin.
I painted the PVA and put the squares of muslin over the bread to make it firmer and give it a better finish. After it being dry it was time to paint, I started with a very light brown and dry brushed the darker brown over the top, mixed some whit in with the dark brown on the very top and let it dry. When it had dried I put a little PVA on the bread I sprinkled a little talcum powder on the top to make it look like flour. Then I did the same process to make the cheese.

No comments:
Post a Comment