22 Oct 2011

Making the Bandage Packets

Saturday 22nd October

Process: Making the Bandage Packets

I first got some standard calico that I could make my packets out of, and then got started on my labels. I was going to do the labels on Photoshop, but after thinking about it, I am very new at Photoshop and found I could create the same thing using a normal word document, that way I could do it at university and at home.
I started with writing the labels I had researched out normally on word, and then started playing with the fonts so I found the right ones. The paper one I printed off normally and aged the paper by ripping, burning and coffee staining the paper.
The fabric printed one I used some freezer paper ironed onto the fabric that then goes through my normal printer. I used some Fixative to keep the ink from running. I then aged it using coffee; I then sewed up the packets leaving one side open. Then padded both of the packs with cotton wool and finished sewing up.    

No comments:

Post a Comment